Las Vegas, NV Alternators, Starters, and Batteries
Your car's starting and charging systems, and the battery, help ensure dependable vehicle operation whenever you drive your car, and in all sorts of driving conditions.
Alternator Depot will help you check these systems regularly. We are dedicated to delivering honest and professional service to Las Vegas and the surrounding areas.
Call Alternator Depot for your alternators, starters & batteries, if you answer yes to the questions below.
- Are you having problems getting your car to start?
- Is it making a clicking noise when you turn the key?
- Do you think your battery might be dead?
- Are you seeing warning lights in the dash?
- Does your car just refuse to start over?
If you ignore the warnings above, you may end up stranded away from home. Before that happens, call Alternator Depot.
Free of charge, Alternator Depot will:
- Check to ensure your alternator is charging your battery
- Check to ensure the battery is holding a charge
- Check the parasitic draw
- Check the starter
- Process a complete check of the starting and charging system
What do batteries, starters, and alternators do?
The battery stores electrical energy and the starter convert that energy into mechanical force to turn the engine for starting.
The alternator produces electric current to replace what the starter used during startup and to support electrical loads when the engine is running.
An ignition module turns the low-voltage supply to the ignition coil on and off, and the coil produces the high voltage for the ignition systems. This creates a spark at the spark plugs and ignites the air / fuel mixture in the engine.
A belt transmits power from the front of the engine to the alternator's pulley, along with other accessories.
What Is Typical Wear and Tear?
Driving habits such as frequent engine on/off cycles will cause more wear on the starter than a simple trip back and forth to work. Other factors include:
- Driving and weather conditions
- Vehicle age
- Excessive electrical draws like in-vehicle entertainment systems
- Headlights and interior lights dim
- "Check Engine" and/or battery light may come on
- Accessories fail to operate
New vs Rebuilt Alternators
An alternator is a device which transforms mechanical energy into electrical energy. In your car an alternator's job is extremely important.
However, new alternators are very expensive. When your alternator breaks, you're faced with the question of whether you should purchase a new one or simply rebuild it.
Call Alternator Depot at 702-900-0175 to discuss your options concerning the purchase of a new alternator, or simply rebuilding your current one.
We look forward to hearing from you!